// Javascript should just grab div="content"


I was going to be using two different sewing methods. But realized that defeated the purpose of sewing two books to make sure that I don't repeat errros in the first. So I sewed both on tapes, so this will be a case binding.

After the signatures have been folded and stations have been made its time to sew. (Stations are holes in the signatures that allows you to bind them together using needle & thread). The thread has been waxed so we are ready to sew. The first two sigs are sewn as seen here - we are almost done sewing these two together. When you get back to the first station (far right hand side) its time to join the two with a reef knot. We then add the third signature and when get to the last station we tie s kettle know as seen in the picture.

Keep sewing and join the end of thread with another reef knot. Keep going until all is done. Notice that I have four signatues bound together at the straps. There are lots of things to be aware of, tension on the knots, squareness of the textblock. As you can see in the picture, it is not perfect, there are a few things not to my liking, but thats why I am doing two. In case you are wondering, the worst is on the left hand side at the bottom the tension is too tight and the edge of the textblock is slightly warped. I'll have to try and correct this in the pasting of this edge.

While I was sewing I decided to only sew six signatures and use the endleaves as two signatues. I figure this is a wedding book and 4 sigs x 16 pages/sig = 128 pages. Thats a lot so I opted for 6 sigs x 16 pages/sig = 96 pages. Much better.

The next step is to strengthen the edge of the textblock and attach a fabric hinge to add more strength.

August 26, 2009.